A Romanian legend says that the city of Bucharest was founded by a shepherd named "Bucur", whose name means "joy".
Since 1862 when Bucharest became the capital of Romania, the city was re-designed by French and French-trained architects, and neoclassical buildings, fashionable parks, which brought it the name of Little Paris”.
Today, Bucharest — the capital and largest city of Romania — is a city with an interesting heritage of mixed cultures influenced by: the old Romanian aristocracy educated in France, the German King Carol I, and the communist society.
As we walk along the wide boulevards of Bucharest we discover the glorious Belle Epoque buildings and the landmarks of the ci
- Revolution Sq. is the place where the 1989 Revolution started
- The Romanian Athenaeum – round shaped concert hall established by a public subscription in late 19th cent.
- History Museum and Savings Bank building, both built in the late 19th cent in a neo-classical style
- Parliament building, the 2nd largest building in the world, after the Pentagon, built during Ceausescu’s era in only 5 years 1984-1989. Only Romanian materials and products were used — local marble, cherry and walnut paneling, crystal chandeliers, specially commissioned hand-woven tapestries, carpets and draperies — to build what supposed to be the headquarters of Romania's last communist leader. Now the building (w/ over 1000 rooms) houses the Romanian Parliament and a Convention Center.
- The University Library (which burned down in 1989), The Royal Palace (which nowadays houses The Contemporary Art Museum), The George Enescu Museum, The Government building, The Opera House, The Military Club, The Presidency Palace, The Military Academy, The University building, The National Theatre, the main Squares (Union Sq, University Sq, Roman Sq)
Bucharest houses 37 museums, 22 theatres, concert halls, opera houses, many art galleries… which give you good reasons to spend a couple of days in the city.
HOTEL EUROPA ROYALE ****, Located in the very heart of Bucharest's center in a 19-th century building, Europa Royale Bucharest offers air-conditioned rooms and an on-site restaurant serving international menus. Free WI-Fi is available in the entire hotel. The modern rooms decorated in shades of green and brown offer cable TV, air conditioning and minibar. The bathroom is equipped with bathtub or shower and provides a hair dryer.
The Unirii Metro Station is 50 metres from the Europa Royale and the Nothern Train Station is 4.5 km away. The hotel also offers a possibility to organise shuttle service to Henri Coandă InternationalAirport, which is 20 km away.
Package for 2 nights in weekend (Fr/Sat/Su), breakfast, taxes, internet access:
Le Boutique Hotel MOXA **** is situated in the heart of Bucharest on the Calea Victoriei Boulevard and features a spa centre and a lush garden. All rooms come with free WiFi and a private bathroom. Le Boutique Hotel Moxa offers spacious and stylish rooms, decorated with elegant furniture.
In the elegant lounge, you can enjoy breakfast every morning, and relax in the evening.
It is a 20-minute drive away from Henri Coanda International Airpor
Package for 2 nights in weekend (Fr/Sat/Su), breakfast, taxes, internet access, fitness&sauna access:
TH Hotels (VENEZIA / OPERA / CENTRAL ***) are perfectly located in the center of the business and cultural area of Bucharest with many key sights nearby.
Hotel Opera welcomes you in a warm and cozy atmosphere. Old pictures depicting Bucharest at the beginning of the century, silver, china and brass objects add a distinctive note to each room.
Hotel Central was completely refurbished in 2009 and it offers very good services in a modern atmosphere. The entire Hotel Central offers free Wi-Fi access.
Hotel Venezia is located within easy walking distance to Cismigiu Gardens, the National Opera and the Palace of Parliament. It offers individually decorated, fully air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. For the comfort of guests, a number of non-smoking rooms are available on the 5th floor.
Package for 2 nights in weekend (Fr/Sat/Su), breakfast, taxes:
Private transfer in car: 40eur/way/car
2.full day trip to Brasov and Dracula Castle [link la pag de about RO]
3.full day trip to Brasov and Peles Castle in Sinaia
4.half day trip to Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov monastery (the place where Vlad the Impaler was buried)
If you are interested to book one of these trips please send us a request and you’ll get the price for a customized trip according with the no. of participants.
If you would like to book another hotel or you need special arrangements which are not mentioned above please send us a request and we’ll be able to provide a tailor-made offer as our company has signed agreements with many hotels in Bucharest.